What are FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD machines used for?
Whether you need to accurately measure the plating thickness of your products, identify the metal type of incoming raw materials or determine individual chemical elements for research purposes or RoHS, WEEE & CPSIAWEEE, CPSIAWEEE, CPSIA compliance then FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD gives you the flexibility to safely measure large and small parts in hard and easy to reach locations. This XRF is ideal for nondestructive measurement of multiple extremely thin coating layers, complex material combinations and alloys.
Designed with an easily programmable XY-Stage and Z-Axis, FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD bench-top XRF analyser can be automated for measurements of extremely thin coatings and trace analysis even by untrained operators. Outstanding accuracy and long-term stability are characteristics of all FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY systems.
Powerful Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) can identify a wide range of materials Al(13) to U(92) within just 5 seconds, while micro-focus X-ray tube with tungsten target and beryllium window ensures long-lasting service for many years. The necessity of re-calibration is dramatically reduced, saving time and effort as all instruments are calibrated to your specific applications before the delivery.
- Precise coating thickness evaluation of Gold, Palladium and Nickel layers on Copper in PCB applications.Simplifying quality control on PCBs with automatic pattern recognitionD
- Simplifying incoming good inspection and quality assurance on PCBs with automatic pattern recognition.
- Directly measurable concentrations of phosphorous content in Electroless Nickel applications
- Analysis of the metallic content in plating solutions, such as AuCuCd, AuCuIn, RhRu to ensure an even colour finish.
- Analysis of harmful substances textiles for Oeko-Tex certification
- Trace element analysis (mainly led and cadmium) in materials for fashion jewellery and accessories
- Identification of undesirable substances (e.g. heavy metals) in electronics, packaging and consumer goods to RoHS, WEEE, CPSIA and other guidelines.
Features and benefits of our FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD
- Powerful bench-top instrument for the non-destructive analysis of extremely thin coatings.
- Highly small aperture sizes (0.2, 0.6, 1 and 3 mm) allow to focus and measure in exceedingly small spots.
- Digital pulse processor DPP+ for higher count rates, reduced measuring times or better repeatability of your measurement results.
- Extremely safe. Thick metal shielding fully protects operators and visitors from hazardous X-ray energy.
- Doesn’t require any sample preparation and outputs precise results with average test times of 5 seconds.
- Programmable XY-Stage and Z-Axis can be automated to measure in predefined positions what allows seamless routine measurements, repetitive and accurate results.
- Precise recognition of low intensity elements accommodates for repetitive and accurate:
- coating thickness measurements in nanometers range (e.g. as low as 2nm of Gold).
- small concentrations in the trace analysis to RoHS &WEEE
- Various complex geometry samples can be tested in specific regions thanks to the top down measurement.
- Big samples can be allocated thanks to the spacious chamber with the usable sample placement area of 370x320x40mm.
- WinFTM software for seamless measurements, data collection and processing comes pre-installed on PC or laptop.
- Instant results, automated data storage and labelling allows a high throughput of samples.
Contact us now for more information
Whether you know what type of machine you require or have questions surrounding our product range, we are always happy to assist.
Get in touch and we will help you find the XRF machine that best suits your needs. Our team has many years of experience and is always happy to answer your questions.
If you’d prefer to leave your details, please use the form below and we’ll get in touch as soon as we can.